Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices not showing in "All Devices" Section of LMS 4.2 Reports

Amir Aziz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I don't know how to explain this but the problem I am facing is a little bizarre and I do not know how to solve it.

First, a little bit of history. We had an existing installation of LMS 4.1 which seemed to have worked fine with the exception that it was giving problems with logging Syslog events. We tried everything to resolve it and then we found a link on this very site that explained that there was a bug in displaying Syslog events on LMS 4.1. It is important to state that we would get a few Syslog events but the rest were either filtered or discarded.

As per the bug toolkit, we realized that we had to upgrade to LMS 4.2 to have the bug resolved. This was not a problem and we installed LMS 4.2 as a direct upgrade to LMS 4.1. We backed up our existing data and the installation process migrated everythin automatically.

Now, LMS 4.2 is installed and our objective of having Syslog messages are being received regularly as we wanted.

Unfortunately, when we try to generate a report such as "Detailed Device" report and try to select All Devices from the Device Selector menu, we do not see any of our devices. However, we do find our devices listed under User-Defined Groups -> (Our DCR). Based on this, we can generate reports and everything is fine.

Yet, we are doing this for a client of ours and they expect to see these devices listed in the "All Devices" section of the device selector. Apart from that, everything seems to be working fine.

Therefore, kindly guide as to how this can be fixed.

Regards,

Amir Aziz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shasanain
Level 1
Level 1

Have a look at this post and let me know if it works for u. Dont forget to mark as correct answer if it is.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2152534

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

shasanain
Level 1
Level 1

Have a look at this post and let me know if it works for u. Dont forget to mark as correct answer if it is.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2152534

Thank you for your reply. Your post definitely helped. Everything now seems to work well