Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Learning stuck in 90%

I have about 100 devices in my network and recently i added 4 more devices. but i saw that all the devices including the newly created went to learning state. and it get stuck at 90%. even a day has already passed but still the same.

18 Replies 18

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This usually points to a daemon problem. Please post the output of the pdshow command. What version of DFM is this?

DFM v2.0

If you're really on DFM 2.0, you need to upgrade. LMS 2.5 is over three years old, and many bugs have been fixed in the newer versions. You are most likely seeing CSCsa50868 which is fixed in DFM 2.0.1. However, I recommend you move to LMS 2.6 which currently includes DFM 2.0.12. The updates to get you to LMS 2.6 can be freely downloaded from Cisco.com. You first need to go to LMS 2.5.1, then 2.6, then you can download the individual application service packs.

LMS 2.5.1 : http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms25

LMS 2.6 : http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms26

The individual service packs can be obtained from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

the bundle is LMS 2.6 already. Here is a table of installed modules.

Name Version Size Status Expiration Date

1. CM 4.0 300 Purchased Never

2. DFM 2.0 300 Purchased Never

3. IPM 2.6 300 Purchased Never

4. RME 4.0 300 Purchased Never

Then you're not running DFM 2.0. What is the exact version of DFM you are using?

the table with the versions is already provided but if it could be checked from anywhere else do let me know. regarding the bug id, it seems that after a 30 minute interval the devices move to known state. but it does not happen in this case even if a complete day has passed.

You can get the current version from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. If you have LMS 2.6, then you cannot be seeing this bug. However, the fix solved quite a few of the 90% hangs. Others still existed, which is why this phase of the learning process was done away with in DFM 3.0.

DFM v2.0.6.

If this problem persists then can i upgrade the DFM module to 3.x.

Please post the DFMOGSServer.log, DFMOGSClient.log, and the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/TIS/TISServer.log.

posting the logs. DFMOGSClient.log has 0 bytes.

It looks like there is a group problem. Try running the script NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/triveni/WEB-INF/classes/rmkilnerogstable.pl. Then restart Daemon Manager. This should clear up the grouping issue.

still this has not resolved the issue.

Has the hostname of this server been changed recently?

no the hostname is same

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco