Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Failed, APIPA being used.

SjING
Level 1
Level 1

Screenshot 2022-07-31 160444.png

Hi, i am using an ip address of 10.19.1.0/24 for this network and the switch is connected to the routers and devices at vlan 100,

i used 10.19.1.1 on the router gig0/0 and starting ip 10.19.1.2 on the server. when i configure dhcp on the devices, it says APIPA is being used and is unable to configure dhcp ip address on other laptops.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the DHCP pool configured on the server is empty (no start/end IP addresses). The router needs to be connected to a switchport in the same Vlan as the DHCP server. Also, the DHCP server has no IP address.

Attached the revised file.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file. If your devices are password protected, post the passwords as well.

Hello,

the DHCP pool configured on the server is empty (no start/end IP addresses). The router needs to be connected to a switchport in the same Vlan as the DHCP server. Also, the DHCP server has no IP address.

Attached the revised file.

Oh i think they reset it everytime i close it

Hello,

I noticed that as well, some values are not being saved.

Yes i dont really know why they are not saved sometimes even though i pressed saved

Thankyou so much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: