cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Level Access to Cisco Prime Infrastructure (1.2)

kerim mohammed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am running PI1.2 virtual appliance (on ESXi 5.0). i had some issues and open a ticket to TAC. the TAC engineer requested me to send him the below:

/opt/CSCOlumos/logs/failed_inventory_feature.log

/opt/CSCOlumos/logs/ifm_inventory.log

My question is how do we get to the shell of PI1.2? i know we can get to the shell of LMS4.2. do we have access to shell of PI1.2 virtual appliance?

Thanks,

Kerim

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't have access to one to check it out but I would just try the same method - ssh into your PI 1.2 server command line interface and, once logged in, type "shell" to drop into the Linux OS.

thanks for the info. I just found out how this can be done PI1.2 virtual appliance:

1) type root_enable on the execution mode, this will enable the root shell

2)type root on the exec mode again.

3) you will be prompted for root password...then your on on the root shell

NOTE: it doesn't show you where you are, the prompt is always like "ade #". but you can navigate all directories.

Thanks for the update. I searched the admin and configuration guides but couldn't find a reference to that procedure. Good to know.

Me neither, just assumed this product is much like LMS4.2 and there got to be some way. I couldn't find any documentation on installing vmware tools on this appliance but again I am assuming the same procedure as LMS4.2 is going to work. I will share the result once i tried the vmware tool install.

Have you tried the 'shell' command from the 'ade #' prompt?

I would expect this to give you access to the bash shell of the underlying stripped RHEL linux.

Once you are there you can add another user that lands directly on a bash shell when login in via SSH.

Cheers,

Michel

Sergey Prishchepa
Spotlight
Spotlight

I ssh to enter the prime 2.2. But the ability to not have those folders /opt/ CSCOlumos/logs. Only here it is:
Directory of disk: /

20 Dec 26, 2014 16:51:19 crash
        4096 May 21, 2015 08:32:21 defaultRepo /
        4096 Dec 26, 2014 16:48:04 ftp /
       16384 Dec December 2014 01:46:41 lost + found /
        4096 May 21, 2015 03:44:39 sftp /
        4096 Dec 26, 2014 16:47:56 ssh /
        4096 Dec 26, 2014 16:47:56 telnet /
        4096 May 21, 2015 15:05:48 tftp /

How to find them?

Read what  abdulkerim hass... wrote 2 years ago
  •  

thanks for the info. I just found out how this can be done PI1.2 virtual appliance:

1) type root_enable on the execution mode, this will enable the root shell

2)type root on the exec mode again.

3) you will be prompted for root password...then your on on the root shell

NOTE: it doesn't show you where you are, the prompt is always like "ade #". but you can navigate all directories.

Hey Sergey,

I'am using cisco prime 3.0.

can you try commend cd .. right after you login from root.

when you first login from root and see the file or directory from prime sheel. it will appear like this.

ade # ls
anaconda-ks.cfg bin install.log install.log.syslog ks-post.log logs ova.ks.cfg

if you see there are no /opt/ there.

but try to input cd .. it will appear like this.

ade # cd ..

ade # ls
altroot bin dev file2.txt lib localdisk media opt recovery sbin srv storeddata tmp var
beanCreationTimes.log boot etc home lib64 lost+found mnt proc root selinux storedconfig sys usr

ade # cd opt
ade # ls
CSCOlumos CSCOncs CSCOpis MegaRAID ORCLfmap VMTools backup lost+found lsi oracle pihooks system

there you can fine CSCOlumos and the other directory below CSCOlumos.

I hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco