cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does "feature_image_nexus7k Couldn't establish connection to the device" mean that Cisco Nexus 7Ks are not supported in PI?

sdavids5670
Level 2
Level 2

I have Prime Infrastructure 1.3 with lifecycle licensing.  My 7Ks (and MDS and 1000vs) were discovered during the initial discovery but the collection status is "Managed with Warnings" and the sub-text is "feature_image_nexus7k Couldn't establish connection to the device."  I'm assuming that PI doesn't support devices on the Nexus platform but I wanted to ask to confirm.  If PI doesn't support the Nexus hardware/software platforms then is there any plan by Cisco to roll DCIM into PI?  Or am I going to need to manage my infrastructure via two tools?

Thanks,

Steven

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Nexus 7Ks, MDS 9000 series and Nexus 1000v are supported by Prime Infrastructure. (reference)

The error message you're seeing is usually due to a configured transport protocol being invalid for the target device. PI doesn't have quite the wealth of tools to dig deeper in that as LMS does, so I'm not sure exactly where to verify that.

DCNM and PI will remain separate tools for the foreseeable future. They are both under the Prime architecture so they will have similar look and feel but DCNM does a lot of data center-specific tasks that are not on the roadmap for PI.