cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E-health only reading last attempt when SLA UdpEcho is configured

loma
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue that E-health is only reading the last attempt when ip sla UdpEcho is configured on the router. I don't known if this issue is related on the Cisco router or on the E-health monitoring tool. The configuration on the router is:

ip sla monitor 3

type udpEcho dest-ipaddr 10.39.0.26 dest-port 62933 source-ipaddr 10.34.92.5

request-data-size 1400

tos 96

frequency 300

ip sla monitor schedule 3 life forever start-time now

Any help that guide me in the right direction will be helpfull.

thanks

4 Replies 4

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Could you paste show tech command output and brief discussion of your topology?

The idea behind this question is that currently E-health is configuring the router with SNMP RW password to collect the data. Because we don't want the send the password over the wire, we would like to configure the router itself to do the measurements and that E-health will collect this data every 5 minutes. We noticed that only the last attempt was collected by E-health when configuring SAA on the router. We would like to collect the last 5 attempts to minimize networkload.

"E-Health"? Is this CA/Concord eHealth with the IP SLA/SAA integration module? Maybe I'm not comprehending it, but are you saying you want to collect the 5 latest data points with one poll by eHealth? It sounds to me that eHealth is performing as designed. Unless IOS maintains a bucket that keeps all of the last 5 attempts in some SNMP MIB counter, eHealth can only get the latest data point. To get the last 5 data points, EH has to poll five times at the configured (Normal = 5-min) intervals.

You're right I meant the CA/Concord ehealth with the ip SLA integration module. Thanks for your answer. For me this solves the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: