cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM NetFlow Config

Mark Ciecior
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple EEM script that I can fire manually without a problem.  I'd like it to fire when a particular NetFlow conversation exceeds a certain number of bytes.

Current Flexible NetFlow config:

flow record NTArec
 match ipv4 tos
 match ipv4 protocol
 match ipv4 source address
 match ipv4 destination address
 match transport source-port
 match transport destination-port
 match interface input
 collect interface output
 collect counter bytes
 collect counter packets
 collect application name
flow exporter server01
 destination 10.0.0.1
 source GigabitEthernet0/0.10
 transport udp 2055
 export-protocol ipfix
 template data timeout 60
 option application-table timeout 60
 option application-attributes timeout 300
flow monitor <monitor_name>
 description NetFlow nbar
 exporter server01
 cache timeout inactive 30
 cache timeout active 60
 record NTArec

Current applet:

event manager applet HighBandwidth authorization bypass
 event none
 action 1.0 cli command "enable"
 action 2.0 cli command "show flow monitor <monitor_name> cache sort highest counter bytes top 5 format table"
 action 3.0 mail server "10.1.1.1" to "first.last@domain.com" from "router@company.com" subject "EEM Test" body "$_cli_result"

This sends me the email I expect when I run it manually.  But when I try to change the event to type 'nf' I *always* get the below error.

Router(config-applet)#event nf event-type create event1 entry-val 5000 entry-op ge field counter bytes monitor-name Test
Router(config-applet)#exit
%EEM: Failed to register event(s) for applet HighBandwidth: 'Embedded Event Manager' detected the 'warning' condition 'invalid parameters'

What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm sorry for my quick answer but I'm through my iphone and would like to share with you the syntax.

You need to configure exit-value to re arm the policy and you need to specify the monitor-name as well.

The full syntax should looks like (just an example):

event nf monitor-name "<monitor_name>" event-type create  exit-event-type delete event1 entry-value "5" field counter bytes entry-op lt exit-value "5" exit-op lt

For more details, take a look at : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/eem/command/eem-cr-book/eem-cr-e2.html

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question