Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM on 2960S LANBASE?

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Howdy all.

I'm hoping someone can help answer whether EEM is supported on a 2960S switch with LANBASE (not LAN Lite). I'm running 12.2(55)SE9 UNIVERSAL, which, according to Feature Navigator, supports EEM 3.2.

When I try to configure event manager on the CLI, the command is unrecognized.

I have tried this under both the default and lanbase-routing SDMs.

Thanks,

Justin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 2960 only supports EEM-lite (to drive auto smart ports).  You will not be able to configure your own EEM policies.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 2960 only supports EEM-lite (to drive auto smart ports).  You will not be able to configure your own EEM policies.

Good to know. Thanks Joe! I was hoping the EEM guru would chime in. :)

nmg-craft
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to configure EEM script on  WS-C2960-24TC-L running c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin.

Here is the error message. 

IND-HYF-CON-ACC-SW-0(config)#event manager
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

IND-HYF-CON-ACC-SW-0(config)#e?
eap enable end energywise
epm errdisable exception exit

IND-HYF-CON-ACC-SW-0(config)#e

Not getting option for any command like event manager. 

As already stated in this thread, EEM is not supported on the 2960 series.   Only EEM-Lite is supported, and this means you cannot configure your own policies.

Hi Joe, how does eem lite differ from eem and where can i get more info about eem lite.

EEM Lite drives Auto Smartports.  So there are internal hooks to react to CDP/LLDP neighbors, MAC address changes, and  dot1x changes.  There are no external/CLI facing interface for this other than the ASP commands.

Hi Joe,

I know the smart port feature. Can we by any means auto shut the ports if the alternate port is down.

Example:

if fa0/1 went down. Then fa0/2 shut be shut ( I have achieved this)

but if i bring up port fa0/1 then fa0/2 should also come up. (these is easily do able with eem , But not able to do it on 2960.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: