Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Syslog Pattern Capture

Hello Community,

Can someone please let me know if its possible to have a EEM script activated when particular word appears in a syslog.

For the following is a syslog message:

Sep 19 09:11:33.966: %HA_EM-2-LOG: utilisationHighInterfaceUtilization.tcl: 992&You are experiencing abnormally high traffic utilization |ifu|/15

Would it be possible if have a EEM script activated when the word "high traffic utilization" from the above syslog message appears?

I have tried with the following but it won't work.

event manager applet toptalkers

event syslog pattern "high traffic utilization"

action 1.0 cli command "enable"

action 1.5 cli command "show flow monitor FlowMonitor1 cache aggregate ipv4 protocol"

action 4.0 mail server "10.44.xxx.xxx" to "carlton@ska.co.uk" from "carlton@ska.co.uk" subject "toptalkers." body "TopTalker Script $_cli_result"

Cheers

Carlton

BTW, I will respond to the other questions I have posted on this forum.

3 Replies 3

Hello Community,

I tried the following but it didn't work:

event manager applet toptalkers

event syslog pattern ".*high traffic utilization.*"

Hello Community,

I figured out why it doesn't work.

Its because the event isn't, technically speaking, a syslog event. Therefore, can someone please show me how to make the script work with the event as stated above:

Sep 19 09:11:33.966: %HA_EM-2-LOG: utilisationHighInterfaceUtilization.tcl: 992&You are experiencing abnormally high traffic utilization |ifu|/15

Cheers

Carlton

EEM cannot intercept syslog messages EEM generates.  You'll need to modify the EEM policy generating your first message to either do what you want or generate an application-specific event that can be intercepted by your second policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: