Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Tcl scp hangs during execution

sotiris.ioannou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a script that allows the router to query for its configuration.

Every time the script reaches the following line

cli_exec $cli1(fd) "copy scp://user:pass@192.168.1.130//conf/$hostname start"

Am I missing something here ?

When I try the command via cli it works.

Thanks,

Sotiris

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There were issues in older code where SSH-related commands would hang.  What version of IOS is this?

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply I'm using IOS 15.1.

To get the script working at the end I issued the command "file prompt quiet" to stop the system prompt when SCP is used.

Not sure if there is a way to have an interactive communication with the system using the tcl expect or if the messages are actually pipped back to the TCL script.

Sotiris

Instead of using cli_exec, you can use cli_write, then use cli_read_pattern to look for the prompt.  Then respond to the prompt using cli_exec or another cli_write.  In this way you can interact with the command.  However, you are correct the command does need to print back to the VTY the Tcl script is running on and I believe that was the issue that Joe alluded to with SSH-related commands hanging - although I could be wrong I did not follow it that closely and it was a long while ago. 

Mike

Thanks for your reply Mike,

This keeps getting stranger and stranger, this morning the script worked perfectly no problems as I mentioned above, now I test the script again after some changes not relevant to the scp and now scp fails.

I run a debug ip scp and I get the following

SCP: SSH Client connect failed

I will try with cli_write and cli_read_pattern but I'm not holding my breath.

I have checked with the remote linux box that has the configuration stored and I do not see any packets comming from the router I'm running the script.

Sotiris