Views
Helpful
Replies

Egress netflow on 7600 RSP-720

Maxim Zimovets
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a cisco 7609 router with RSP- 720 and installed Advanced IP services 12.2(33)SRD5 IOS. We tried to set up Egress Netflow Accounting on the box. And we failed.We can only see traffic on its ingress.

I checked Cisco Feature Navigator for mentioned IOS and indeed Egress Netflow was not mentioned for this particullar IOS build. But it was mentioned for SRD2a. I' get used to see all the features from previous version be incorporated in to next version.

Documentation about the feature devoted for IOS at all. I was not able to find any documentation for particular 7600 platform.

Can anyone shed some light on what IOS version really supports Egress Netflow Accounting on 7609/RSP-720? Is the feature supported at all on the platform?

With best regards

Maxim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Netflow in general is included but egress netflow portion is not supported. Here is the bug id "CSCsm59802".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Use the software advisor:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

12.2(33)SRD4 shows its supported.

Can you post the show ver output?

Hello, Mohammad!

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately right now I'm not able to show output from "show version". But I checked Software Adviser as you suggested.And it showed exactly the same as Feature Navigator did. I attached screen shot with Software Advisor loaded.

And SRD5 is not listed in the list.  

Should I move to SDR2a or perhaps to SRE train?

With best regards

Maxim

Hello, Mohammad!

Please, pay attention to the atteched screen shot. All advised versions hava a letter a in their names. Is it possible that Egress Netflow neede special IOS version?

With best regards

The 7600 platform does not support egress netflow due to hardware limitations.

Hello, Mohammad!

Thank you for the clear and straight forward answer.

I have just only one question left - what about 3 IOS images (SRB5a, SRD2a and SRE0a) suggested by software advisor? Were these images specially built with this feature?

With hope to hear the same type of answer. 

With best regards

Maxim

Netflow in general is included but egress netflow portion is not supported. Here is the bug id "CSCsm59802".

Hello, Mohammad!

Thank you afain for the clear answer.

Best regards

Maxim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: