Views
Helpful
Replies

Error HOME0002 on RME 4.3.0 LMS 3.2

mmartinez
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to access to RME on CWLMS 3.2 I get this message:

HOME0002: Could not get database connection. Make sure that RME DB server is running. Check RMEHome.log for more details.

When I go to Server->Admin->Processes I see RMEdbEngine process not running.  At trying to start it, a message appears indicating to restart CiscoWorks daemon (crmdmgtd) , I did it a lot of times with no success.

Actually I did not know what could be the issue,  that's why I request for your help.

I attached pdshow and RMEHome.log files

Thanks in advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems this has been going on for quite some time since you have DB message connection errors going back to September 2010 in the log.  Follow these steps:

1. Stop Daemon Manager from command line:

net stop crmdmgtd

2. Go to NMSROOT\CSCOpx\objects\db\conf\. Issue the command:

perl configureDb.pl action=validate dsn=rmeng

NMSROOT stands for your LMS install path (ie. C:\Program Files\CSCOpx).  Check to see if you get errors from this command.  If so, it means you have a corrupted RME database and you will need to re-initialize it or perform a restore from a backup prior to this corruption.  Since it seems to go way back, you will most likely have to re-initialize RME.  To do that, issue these commands while the daemons are stopped:

1. Go to NMSROOT\bin and type:

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME npwd=cisco

This sets "cisco" as the database password, if you wish change it to your liking.

2. Restart daemons:

net start crdmgtd

This will delete ALL RME historical data from the database.

Also take a look at this DOC and pay special attention to steps 1 through 3.  Make sure you always comply on these in your future LMS server handling to avoid database corruption issues.

"If this post answers your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems this has been going on for quite some time since you have DB message connection errors going back to September 2010 in the log.  Follow these steps:

1. Stop Daemon Manager from command line:

net stop crmdmgtd

2. Go to NMSROOT\CSCOpx\objects\db\conf\. Issue the command:

perl configureDb.pl action=validate dsn=rmeng

NMSROOT stands for your LMS install path (ie. C:\Program Files\CSCOpx).  Check to see if you get errors from this command.  If so, it means you have a corrupted RME database and you will need to re-initialize it or perform a restore from a backup prior to this corruption.  Since it seems to go way back, you will most likely have to re-initialize RME.  To do that, issue these commands while the daemons are stopped:

1. Go to NMSROOT\bin and type:

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME npwd=cisco

This sets "cisco" as the database password, if you wish change it to your liking.

2. Restart daemons:

net start crdmgtd

This will delete ALL RME historical data from the database.

Also take a look at this DOC and pay special attention to steps 1 through 3.  Make sure you always comply on these in your future LMS server handling to avoid database corruption issues.

"If this post answers your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button"

Thanks Joel !

The DB was rebuilt and actually I can access to RME.

As I lost the DB and allocated the devices discovered on CS.  Now I'm performing an inventory of devices.

Very Helpful !

Best Regards

Manuel Martinez.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: