3.  CiscoView 6.1.5

4.  Device Fault Manager 2.0.13

5.  Internetwork Performance Monitor 2.6.0

6.  Integration Utility 1.6.0

7.  Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.6

Windows Server 2003 SE SP2

I have some problems:

1)

When I try enter to Device and Credentials I get message "Error in communicating with DCA Server.

DCA Server may be down. Please start  the DCA Server and then refresh the page."

I try to restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager over Services.

I cannot get information a lot of time from command "pdshow". Only black screen on the window CMD.

Or I get error

C:\Documents and Settings\zykov>pdshow

ERROR: GetReply failed:

ERROR: Daemon Manager startup in progress. Please wait.

dcr.log

[ Чт фев 18 16:51:28 YEKT 2010 ] [Ajp13Processor[9009][4]] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy - Error in Communication to DCRServer , Reason :DCRException ID - -202 : CSTM Error Code [-1] CSTM Comm Type [0] - Unknown exception before invocation

[ Чт фев 18 20:32:35 YEKT 2010 ] [Ajp13Processor[9009][3]] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRDatabaseAccess - Severe error in DCRDatabaseAccess initialization - JZ00L: Login failed.  Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s). 0 JZ00L

[ Чт фев 18 20:32:35 YEKT 2010 ] [Ajp13Processor[9009][3]] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRSystem - Unable to Instantiate DCRDataManagement ObjectJZ00L: Login failed.  Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed.  Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

DCRServer.log

[ Thu Feb 18 21:10:41 YEKT 2010 ] Starting DCR Server...

[ Thu Feb 18 21:10:43 YEKT 2010 ] No restore has happened

dcrclient.log

[ Чт фев 18 20:50:49 YEKT 2010 ] [Ajp13Processor[9009][5]] FATAL com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy - Error in Communication to DCRServer , Reason :DCRException ID - -202 : CSTM Error Code [-1] CSTM Comm Type [0] - Unknown exception before invocation

2) When I run Alerts and Activites I get error "An exception occurred. Please check the AAD.log file for further details."

AAD.log

18-фев-2010|21:30:10.291|ERROR|AAD|Ajp13Processor[9009][3]|AFDLaunchAction|perform|.|Error in calling getPartitionNamePMServercom.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: Read timed out/Error in received response Connection reset

3) On the window Home of Common Services I have message "JRM server is down or inaccessible for this  user"

I try reinstall last modules

Campus Manager 4.0.13,

Device Fault Manager 2.0.13,

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.0.6.

But it cannot help me.

I think that this problems related. Yesterday all works correctly.

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm not seeing any port conflicts.  I suggest that if installing this AV software was the most recent thing that changed on the server, that you uninstall it, and see if DCRServer starts to work again.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to wait, maybe an hour, before pdshow will complete successfully.  When it does, post the output.

Hi Joe.

My pdshow.

Post the dcr.log and DCRServer.log.

My dcr.log & DCRServer.log

I see two problems from these logs.  The first is that the server appears to be localized for Russian (or a Cyrillic language at any rate).  LMS is only supported in US English and Japanese locales.  You need to adjust your server's locale accordingly.

The other issue is that the cmf database password appears to be invalid.  Shutdown Daemon Manager, then run the following command to change the cmf database password:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbpasswd.pl dsn=cmf

After restarting Daemon Manager, and fixing the server's locale, hopefully DCRServer will properly initialize.

I changed password successfully.

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbpasswd.pl dsn=cmf

I changed Regional and Language Options: Standard and formats = English, Location = United States, Language for non-Unicode programs = English.

I reboot the server.

But the problem exists "

Error in communicating with DCA Server.
DCA Server may be down. Please start the DCA Server and then refresh the page.
".

Post the output of the command "netstat -a -n -o -b".  Was the hostname of this server changed since LMS was installed?

Output of the command in the attached file.

I have not changed name of the server.

Few days ago I have installed on the server Antivirus program - ESET NOD32 Smart Security Business Edition.

After installing the server rebooted and everything worked fine.

Now I turned off NOD32 Firewall.

I'm not seeing any port conflicts.  I suggest that if installing this AV software was the most recent thing that changed on the server, that you uninstall it, and see if DCRServer starts to work again.

You are right the problem was related with antivirus.

After removal antivirus DCA Server started successfully.

Remains the question as to be without an antivirus program?

Also remains a problem in the window Alerts and Activites.

When I click on the Device Name field (for some devices) does not open Detailed Device View.

The window closes immediately after opening.

With most AV programs, you must disable on-access scanning of the NMSROOT directory.  I am unfamiliar with your specific program, but I assume it offers a features to exclude directories from scanning.

As for the DFM issue, start a new thread to discuss that.

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: