Views
Helpful
Replies

EVE-NG Management cloud

MuathA.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

I’m having issue with EVE-NG management cloud. I’m using Linux Ubuntu 20.04 as my OS, and VMware Workstation as my hypervisor. I set eve-ng network adapter to be bridged in VMware, then I open EVE-NG web page and  create a new lab and add a management cloud to let the devices (VPCS) in my topology get an IP address via DHCP. However, my VPSC doesn’t work at all! And it displays Good-bye.

Welcome to Virtual PC Simulator, version 1.0 (0.8c)

Dedicated to Daling.

Build time: Dec 31 2016 01:22:17

Copyright (c) 2007-2015, Paul Meng (mirnshi@gmail.com)

All rights reserved.

VPCS is free software, distributed under the terms of the "BSD" licence.

Source code and license can be found at vpcs.sf.net.

For more information, please visit wiki.freecode.com.cn.

Modified version supporting unetlab by unetlab team

Press '?' to get help.

Good-bye

And when I connect my VPCS to any other cloud (cloud 2 or 3 for example) the VPCS works fine.

I deployed a new EVE-NG image and still got the same result.

How can I fix that? I want to use the management cloud to give the VPCS IP via DHCP.

Note that even if I try any other device, like Linux for example,  and connect it to the management cloud, I still don't get IP via DHCP.

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that's a bug actually original maintainer given the best ability of the program for us to use the small tiny client to test as an end device test in our labs, this vpcs can not be full-blown clients like any other IOS or windows or linux tiny image.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that's a bug actually original maintainer given the best ability of the program for us to use the small tiny client to test as an end device test in our labs, this vpcs can not be full-blown clients like any other IOS or windows or linux tiny image.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

the VPCS is not the issue.

the issue is the management cloud. if I connect any type of device (VPCS or Linux VM) to this management cloud, it doesn't get an IP address from the DHCP server.

but if I connect the VPCS to a cisco router that is a DHCP server, the VPCS works fine and get IP from the router.

so the problem here is the management could in EVE-NG

Hello,

I don't want to take credit for somebody else's suggestion, but check  ALFREDO.G.SANGIULIANO's post in the thread below:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/eve-ng-management-cloud-issue/td-p/3957909

Hi Georg,

I actually tried Alfredo's solutions but still have the same issue.

Hello,

can you summarize what you have already tried, so we don't come up with anything redundant ?

1. I tried installing new EVE-NG image, and the management cloud  still not working.

pic1.png

2. I tried Alfredo's solution and the mgmt cloud still doesn't work

2.png3.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: