Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail to Login Switch from Cisco Prime Infrastructure

PolarPanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

After I setup email alert in SNMP server (solarwinds), I received email alert regarding Cisco Prime Infrastructure failed to login few switches every 4 hours. Can anyone tell me why CPI constantly attempts to login switches? If it's normal, can someone show me how to config CPI to have correct login credential, then I won't receive any login failure emails. Thank you!!

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You are supposed to enter devices with correct access-credentials into Prime. If problem persists remove  the particular devices and re-enter them into Prime but press Verify Credentials first.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you!! Do you know why CPI tries to login switch every 4 hours? Thanks. 

- These are probably maintenance tasks that Prime executes. Don't worry too much ; if you want to know what they are you could for instance activate the logging of configuration commands the commands show below ; afterwards issue show archive log config all (at regular intervals)

archive
log config
logging enable 100
notify syslog
hidekey

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !