Views
Helpful
Replies

Fail to recover the cisco ios 3560

ruhealmaqsood
Level 1
Level 1

dear concerned,

I am unable to upload the ios image cisco 3560. please help me in this regard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:18:ba:e5:5f:00

Xmodem file system is available.

The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.

Initializing Flash...

flashfs[0]: 0 files, 1 directories

flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories

flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 15998976

flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 1024

flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 15997952

flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 8 seconds.

...done Initializing Flash.

Boot Sector Filesystem (bs) installed, fsid: 3

done.

Loading "flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin"...fl

ash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin: no such file or

directory

Error loading "flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.

Boot process failed...

The system is unable to boot automatically.  The BOOT

environment variable needs to be set to a bootable

image.

switch: dir flash:

Directory of flash:/

15997952 bytes available (1024 bytes used)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Through Xmodem file transfer still fail to recover or reload the ios.

1.JPG

2.JPG

9 Replies 9

stephen.stack
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

See full document here on how to restore an image. Read in fully before doing any configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Youa re using an incorrect copy command. It is supposed to look like this.

copy xmodem: flash:c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin

==========================
http://www.rConfig.com 

A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs!

- Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful

Dear Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed even a single step as mentioned in the link you have provided me. Please find the attachment.

Through Xmode transfer, it didn’t show remaining time, packet, how much file to be transfer , as I click on the send, sending file  appears small block appears and after 1min it gives error “NO response from the remote system.

Please help me in this regard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please here is the complete output from hyper terminal.

Unknown cmd: BB0BB0

switch: unset BAUD

Variable BAUD" not set, or is readonly.

switch: flash_init

Initializing Flash...

...The flash is already initialized.

Setting console baud rate to 9600...

switch: load_helper

switch: dir flash:

Directory of flash:/

15997952 bytes available (1024 bytes used)

switch: boot

Loading "flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin"...fl

ash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin: no such file or

directory

Error loading "flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

"

Boot process failed...

switch: delete flash:3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

Are you sure you want to delete "flash:3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-m

z.122-25.SEB4.bin" (y/n)?y

File "flash:3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin" not dele

ted -- no such file or directory

switch: delete flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

Are you sure you want to delete "flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin" (y/n)?y

File "flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin" not deleted -- no such file or dire

ctory

switch:

Also use the

Switch: copy xmodem: flash:c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE8

First tip is to remove the teamviewer ID and password from your output.

Next, i dont see where you ran the 'copy xmodem' command. You need to run this command from the CLI and then send xmodem from hyperterm.

Specific instructions are here.

1. Issue the copy xmodem:                 flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin command on the                 switch.

Here is an example:

switch: copy xmodem: flash:c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin
      Begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now...
      CCC
    2. From the top of the HyperTerminal window, choose Transfer                 > Send File.

192-d.gif

3. Choose the Xmodem protocol in the Send File                 dialog box and click Browse in order to select the Cisco IOS                 image (.bin file) that you downloaded previously.

192-e.gif

4. Click Send in order to begin the Xmodem                 transfer.

192-f.gif

The Xmodem file transfer begins. This transfer can take up to 2                 hours, which depends on the size of the image.

CCCCCCC.........................................................................
      ................................................................................
      ................................................................................
      .............................................................................
      File "xmodem:" successfully copied to "flash:c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin"

!--- If the Xmodem file transfer fails for some reason, restart the process.
      !--- If the Xmodem file transfer is successful, you return to the 
      !--- switch: prompt.

switch:
  1. Boot the new image that you just copied over with the Xmodem             procedure.

Issue the boot             flash:filename command, as this example             shows:

switch: boot flash:c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin
    Loading "flash:c2955-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1.bin"...###############################
    ################################################################################

!--- Output suppressed.

Press RETURN to get started!
    Switch>

!--- The bootup was successful.

Be sure to verify that your boot statements are set             correctly.

http://www.rConfig.com 

A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs!

========================== http://www.rconfig.com A free, open source network device configuration management tool, customizable to your needs! - Always vote on an answer if you found it helpful

Hi Stephen...

Waiting for your response...

Please help me in this regard

Hi Stephen Stack,

IOS uploaded successfully but after this command   switch:     boot      flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

Switch gives error and restarts and then giving error..... And now i am unable to enter in the interruppt mode i.e;

switch:          unable to enter in this mode to do the same steps  once agains

looking forward for a positive repsonse.

Hi,

I have not seent his error before. It is unusual to me.

switch:          unable to enter in this mode to do the same steps  once agains

Can you send a screen shot of the full boot process as you did before.

http://www.rconfig.com 

please check it...

Simply i plugin the power cable and wait until the switch comes to the stable position but fail to come in normal manner.

Cisco SYST led continously on blinking and  when the SYST LED as well as STAT led comes to stable here is

Snapshot .... unreadable console output

Now i unplug the power cable and press the mode button and again power up the cable now when the cisco SYST led becomes orange and comes to green i release the mode button but unable to enter in this mode

switch:

and SYST light continously on blinking and blank screen and i continously pressing enter

However last time the IOS was uploaded successfully but when i applied this command

switch:     boot      flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

switch becomes restart and then its error as mentioned in the above snapshot.

Can you take the teamviewer session

hi 

h have same this like this 

Error loading "flash:c2940-i6q4l2-tar.121-19.EA1.tar"

Boot process failed...

how i can fix this 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
no such file or directory

Means the file is not where you claim it to be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: