cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed Switch Notification

davepeat2
Level 1
Level 1

Is there something in LMS 3.0.1 that will notify you when a switch fails, or a page that you can see and failed devices?

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM will detect a device which is no longer reachable, and generate an Unresponsive event. This can be seen in DFM > Alerts and Activities > Alerts and Activities.

I go there but the switches are not shown. nothing shows as being down.

The switches must be managed by DFM and be in a Known state. You can check this under DFM > Device Management > Discovery Status.

Well, that explains something. I only sho 7 devices. The RME tab shows I have 254 Inventoried devices. Where did I go wrong?

It looks like RME knows about them, but DFM does not.

Thanks J!

Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import, and sync all of your devices from DCR into DFM.

OK. I did that and they now show up. Is this something I need to do periodocally? Is it NOT automatic? It now says it know 7 and is learning 268.

If you enable auto-sync from DCR, then any new devices added to DCR will be automatically managed by DFM. However, this is not on by default.

Once those other devices become Known, then DFM will start generating events for them.

Thank you VERY much for your help! I really appreciate your time and knowledge! I wish I could tell your boss!

You do mean the Auto Update Server? Don't you?

No. Enabling auto-sync in DFM has nothing to do with an Auto Update Server. You simply need to check a box, and select the All Devices group in the Device Import interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: