cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

File Structure in LMS OVA Image

Bin Shen
Level 1
Level 1

Just installed Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 as OVA image.

Tried to configure SMTP Default Server from web console, but error shows:

Unable to set the default SMTP server.

Please see the nos.log for details.

Does anyone know where is this nos.log file location? Or if someone can point me to a guide of the file structure in this Linux OVA, that would be even greater.

I'm a newbie on Linux. When I was at the /root, "dir" shows only 4 files/folders without "var" or "etc" or "bin" etc, but I can go into those folders via cd command. Are those folders hidden?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bin,

Open this file in a text editor like NOTEPAD ++   then  search for " SMTPServerName"  and change the SNMP server.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

you are correct . the first one 

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Bin Shen
Level 1
Level 1

Found the file.

There is a repeated error

30-Jan-2014|13:25:37.604|ERROR|NOS|TP-Processor12|SMTPServerValidate|validateDNSAndPort()|.|SMTPServerValidate:Function:validateDNSAndPort:Exceptionjava.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Anyone knows what this mean?

Thanks.

Hi Bin,

share the regdaemon.xml (/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/etc)

Thanks-

Hi Afroj,

Thanks again!

I've attached the /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml in the original post.

Cheers.

Hi Bin,

Open this file in a text editor like NOTEPAD ++   then  search for " SMTPServerName"  and change the SNMP server.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks Afroj, that works!!

Could I ask which field is the data for Administrator E-mail ID in the same .xml file?

I saw two names in the file.

AdminEmail  and  CW_Email_ID

I am guessing the first one?

Thanks, you are awesome!

you are correct . the first one 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: