cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding Unused Vlans !?

aringanisation
Level 1
Level 1

We have created more than 255 Vlans during last 5 years, and we know that eye-catching part of which are unused, 

I took a report from campus manager searching for Port Attributes to find out which port is assigned to a specific Vlan

but as long as there are numerous ports in trunk mode connecting to Virtual servers I can not find out if unsed vlans

which I exclude from the report I took are realy unused or not , I will appriciateed if any one can help me finding how can I find the unused Vlans.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ali,

First of all I think that it is very important to know your topology.

In your case I think that checking the mac-address table will help you ( show mac-address vlan x | ex CPU ) - this is because of the trunk ports to Virtual Servers. And also show ip arp on the L3 equipments.

I think that this is a titanic work, this is why the best think to do is to fight every day to have a clean topology.

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Ali,

First of all I think that it is very important to know your topology.

In your case I think that checking the mac-address table will help you ( show mac-address vlan x | ex CPU ) - this is because of the trunk ports to Virtual Servers. And also show ip arp on the L3 equipments.

I think that this is a titanic work, this is why the best think to do is to fight every day to have a clean topology.

Dan

Thank you so much Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: