Views
Helpful
Replies

FIne Tuning the Cisco Prime Alarms

y_ananthan
Level 1
Level 1

HI Expert,

One of our client having Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure with Cisco Prime. Currently they are getting more alarms (minor) on their environment.

They would like to modify the Alarm pattern / threshold to minimise the Alarms pop-up in prime. Could you please advise me how we can modify this ?

Also do  Cisco having any documents for how to  fine tune ? 

Thank you.

-Ananthan

2 Replies 2

Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

Here's the document for the customization of alarms.

Configuring Alarm Severity Levels

A newly generated alarm has a default severity level that you might want to change.

To configure an alarm’s severity level, follow these steps:

Step 1 Choose Administration > System Settings.

Step 2 From the left sidebar menu, choose Severity Configuration.

Step 3 Select the check box of the alarm condition whose severity level that you want to change.

Step 4 From the Configure Security Level drop-down list, choose a severity level, then click Go.

Step 5 Click OK to confirm the changes.

Configuring Alarm Severity Levels

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/user/guide/pi_ug/alarms.html#pgfId-1054721

- Ashok

************************************************************************************************************

Please rate the useful post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

************************************************************************************************************

Hi Expert,

I would like to more elaborate the scenario.

In our environment ,Cisco WLAN implemented with Cisco Prime and ISE
WLAN Controller deployed in region (Cisco FLEX7500,WLC5508)
Cisco ISE (Admin)    1.2.1.198
Cisco ISE (Admin)    1.2.1.198
Cisco ISE (Monitor)    1.2.1.198
Cisco ISE (Monitor)    1.2.1.198
Cisco ISE (Policy)    1.2.1.198
Cisco ISE (Policy)    1.2.1.198
Cisco MSE     7.4.121.0
Cisco Prime NCS    2.0 (2.0.0.0.295)

Currently we are getting more then 5000 alarms in Prime. When i check the alarms , most of the alarms are Rogue AP detections. Specially from our employees hot-spot wireless.
Does Cisco has any mechanism to fine tune based on devices like segregate alarms between employee wireless hot-spot and actual rogue AP ? or any other way to minimize the segregate the events or alarms  ? Any threshold values to be  fine tuned ? (either WLC or Prime)

Also I need some advise on fine tuning alarms on Prime and WLC

Thank you.

-Ananthan