Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Center and Public Address

We have to change our public IP address. Do I have to change it in the Firepower Management Center as well as the firewall ASA5508X

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the ASA is doing NAT and isn't administrated in the routing capacity through FMC - which I assume is the case because that configuration sucks to do - then no. Again, unless you have a policy that specifically references the old global, or some other rule that does so, you're square on the FMC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Case
Level 1
Level 1

Without much information, I can only give a vague answer:

If you have the specification for the old address anywhere in these appliances (policies, control lists, NAT, etc.) and they are in-use, then yes.  If something ahead of them NATs first then no.

Edit:  I wanted to clarify. If you're using FMC to run the ASA and manage it, then no; you just need to update FMC's entry for the NAT.

All of my NAT's, addresses and polices are in the firewall and that is where I plan to edit them.  Do I need to do anything to the FMC?

If the ASA is doing NAT and isn't administrated in the routing capacity through FMC - which I assume is the case because that configuration sucks to do - then no. Again, unless you have a policy that specifically references the old global, or some other rule that does so, you're square on the FMC.

Cool.  I misunderstood. thank you.