Views
Helpful
Replies

free tools to replace Cisco Works RME features

philip moore
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community

We have recently "upgraded" to Cisco Prime from LMS 3.2 and what a sad state it is.

We lost all of the great abilities we had before for archive search, and I I'm not enjoying the new GUI/flow.

I'd like to hear of other peoples experience, and if there is any recommendation on free (or paid) tools to do the CiscoWorks RME fuction.

Thanks a lot!

Phil

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

I know you are upset with the missing features in Prime infra but trust me you should be able to see all the LMS features soon  by soon I don't have any timeline  ,however that is the goal of PI to managed both wired and wireless devices.

LMS feature integration is happening in different phases.. hoping to see all the features soon :)

you will find many free\paid NMS available that can help you not sure how close they will be with respect to RME. try  solarwinds , mrtg etc..

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

hi, thanks for your reply. It is the config search archive feature we really need. It used for compliance check. Have you a recommendation on that.

I agree, I'd rather Cisco (all other evndor) produce the ULTIMATE solution. I won't want to be left managing customer apps and scripts. Not scalable, and we don't have the time or skillset

Do you work for Cisco? Is funny because I heard the same story from them 2 years about the "pipeline". Would love to see this plan with some timescales.

cheers

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

hi, thanks for your reply. It is the config search archive feature we really need. It used for compliance check. Have you a recommendation on that.

I agree, I'd rather Cisco (all other evndor) produce the ULTIMATE solution. I won't want to be left managing customer apps and scripts. Not scalable, and we don't have the time or skillset

Do you work for Cisco? Is funny because I heard the same story from them 2 years about the "pipeline". Would love to see this plan with some timescales.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: