cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting constant log BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLE in Nexus 9k

Bruce_M
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled log-level all on my Nexus 9k and get the following line in logs, telling me to reduce log-throtle which I did using this command: "bloggerd log-throttle min-rollover 3 max-rollover-per-minute 1"
how can I get rid of it?
<188>csc06a: 2022 Feb 25 22:57:28 UTC: %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: lldp Buf_uuid: 115 Buf_instance: 0 sap: MTS_SAP_LLDP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If the device is logging spurious events , then you need  to look at the source of  that.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

there are not actually too many logs, other than this one, the rest is just normal logs that are very occasional
I am not sure if this is related to the setting of syslog on the switch or some event is causing this

Hello,

how did you change the settings ? Try and remove the line altogether:

--> no bloggerd log-throttle min-rollover 3 max-rollover-per-minute 1

Then re-enable it using the defaults:

--> bloggerd log-throttle

the version is: nxos.9.3.8.bin

Here is the config per Georg Pauwen suggestion:
sh run all | inc blog
bloggerd log-throttle
bloggerd log-dump all
no bloggerd log-transfer 

I have enabled logging level 7 for everything

Here are a few more of such logs:

csc06a: 2022 Mar 1 04:50:27 UTC: %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: stp Buf_uuid: 115 Buf_instance: 0 sap: MTS_SAP_STP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

csc06a: 2022 Mar 1 04:49:36 UTC: %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: dhcp_snoop Buf_uuid: 442 Buf_instance: 6 sap: MTS_SAP_DHCP_SNOOP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

csc06a: 2022 Mar 1 04:49:27 UTC: %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: vlan_mgr Buf_uuid: 383 Buf_instance: 1 sap: MTS_SAP_VLAN_MGR. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

csc06a: 2022 Mar 1 04:49:25 UTC: %BLOGGERD-STANDBY-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: vlan_mgr Buf_uuid: 383 Buf_instance: 1 sap: MTS_SAP_VLAN_MGR. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

csc06a: 2022 Mar 1 04:49:07 UTC: %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: vlan_mgr Buf_uuid: 383 Buf_instance: 3 sap: MTS_SAP_VLAN_MGR. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

csc06a: 2022 Mar 1 04:48:33 UTC: %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: dhcp_snoop Buf_uuid: 442 Buf_instance: 7 sap: MTS_SAP_DHCP_SNOOP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

Hi Bruce,

how did you fix this issue can you share please.

Thanks

Hello,

post the output of:

showtechbloggerd-all

Hi Georg,

i am seeing following in the logs to me it looks like the configuration issue that need to be reconfigured properly ...... am i correct?

05:28:48 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: netstack Buf_uuid: 545 Buf_instance: 6 sap: MTS_SAP_IP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 05:29:02 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 05:34:59 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 05:39:59 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 05:44:59 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 05:50:00 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 05:56:01 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 06:01:59 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 06:06:59 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2022 Nov 8 06:11:59 0102-L3-LEAF-B.LD5 %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config