cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting High cpu in s720 due to snmp(Prime)

AK002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are getting high cpu Spike in our all distribution switches in many locations.

Also we found our Cisco prime infrastructure causing the high cpu.but the spike only for 20 to 30 seconds.

If we deny the PI there will be no CPU spike..

Is there any troubleshooting or configuration need to done for this issue..but we are getting in all our sites due to this in different cpu process I'd ..

Affected sup like 720 but in core we are not getting that issue with same sup and ios.

Kindly suggest any action plan regarding the high cpu due to the High cpu due to snmp..

Regards,

Arun

46 Replies 46

Hi Afroj,

Thanks for the follow up

yes the cpu seems good, im trying to do it for other switch also.

want to find excat MIB's??

is there any performance issue by excluding these MIB's?

Excluding the mibs will not impact anything on the device performance , it is just that your monitoring tool will not be able to poll those information ..

take a look at the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00800948e6.shtml

to know what OID are ,what they do ,use the below tool:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

*******Ratings Encourage Contributors *************

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

I have decresed the MIB's to three,

there is no high cpu spike with these three MIB's also , nee dto find the excat MIB causing this issue

but know the SSH process is causing high cpu

snmp-server view cutdown at excluded

snmp-server view cutdown ip.21 excluded

snmp-server view cutdown ip.22 excluded

Regards,

Arun

Hey man,

Could you summarize this issue.  I am currently looking to deploy this in my infrastructure.

Thanks

Hi Arun ,

If SSH is causing HIGU CPU then it can Impact SNMP Engine as  SNMP is the least prority process.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Now only because of ssh only the cpu spike will happen 3 to 4 times a day.

is this because of PI only right?

The PI will do some changes or collecting informations in the switch during the cpu spike.

Thanks

Arun

Hi Arun ,

from the PI prospective , LIcense MIB is a concerne MIB , I have found one BUG with the same filed  for PI.

other comman MIB is FLASH MIB, which I have found during the stack decodes.

Thanks-

Afroz

*****Rating encourage contributors  ****

Hi Arun ,

you can try following on your Cisco PI that is the workaround of  the BUG.

Manually update file below,

Open the /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/sam/template.xml, modify the template id=20  (licensePoller)

Update tag for value 600 to 86400 for all attrributes () of

template id =20

Old: 600

New: 86400

Note: we can test this out by removing all the SNMP view and apply the above workaorund and analyze the CPU

Thanks-

Afroz

Please explain the setting below in GUI of PI

Open the

/opt/CSCOlumos/conf/sam/template.xml

, modify the template id=20  (licensePoller)

Regards,

Arun

This is not on GUI. you need to browse to this directory ..open this file in an editor and then make the chnages.

Thanks-

Afroz

hi Afroj,

You mentioned in the previous mail that it is a bug.

it is for 1.x or 2.0 version and bug ID please

Reagrds,

Arun

Hi Arun,

here you go:

CSCuc72024    License MIB polling : polling frequency increase(Feature removal in 2.0)

Thanks-

Afroz

Hi Afroj,

Is there any COPP need to be configured tp privante these type of issue

Now the SNMP engine process not coming but due to ssh we are getting the spikes.

Regards,

Arun

Not 2 sure about this

Ok Afroj thanks...

i'll keep posted regarding exact MIB