cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting High cpu in s720 due to snmp(Prime)

AK002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are getting high cpu Spike in our all distribution switches in many locations.

Also we found our Cisco prime infrastructure causing the high cpu.but the spike only for 20 to 30 seconds.

If we deny the PI there will be no CPU spike..

Is there any troubleshooting or configuration need to done for this issue..but we are getting in all our sites due to this in different cpu process I'd ..

Affected sup like 720 but in core we are not getting that issue with same sup and ios.

Kindly suggest any action plan regarding the high cpu due to the High cpu due to snmp..

Regards,

Arun

46 Replies 46

Hi Afroj,

I have configured below MIBs in the switch after the snmp spike is decreased

but we are getting some ssh process spike in the switch wheteher PI use some other process ID in the switch becoz we are to PID 3 and 169 both

Hi Arun,

PI causing high CPU due to SSH , I have not heard anything about that..

what I would suggest is to get  the output of show stack   and check the issue with switching team.as that is not my area of experties

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: