cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting past "Fetch VLAN configuration - Command failed" errors in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 - How?

sdavids5670
Level 2
Level 2

I've got a handful of devices in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 which show up in the "Archive Failed Devices" view.  The "Failure Reason" is some variation of "Fetch VLAN configuration - Command failed" sometimes including "TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to x.x.x.x".  What does this mean?  How do I overcome this?  In all cases, the device is configured to use SSH and has valid SSH credentials.  In all cases, I can SSH from the command line of the NCS appliance to the devices listed in the "Archive Failed Devices" view.

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Is the job failing with "partial collection failure"  ?

Any specific type of devices it is failing ?

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

anthonytong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was able to fix the "Fetch VLAN configuration - Command failed" by allowing tftp from the device to PI server in firewall. See if this can help.

Thanks that sorted my problem. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: