Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Start with Cisco NAM Appliance 2220

Hi Everyone.

Thanks a lot for read me, I made a post very similar but the advices never work. Now I have to go with my cliente and install the NAM,  I never installed a cisco NAM before in fact I never heard about it.

I'm doing a document for initial configuración, I know I need to chance the management credentials and start some services, but that's all.

My cliente want to connect the NAM to Nexus 7K 5.2(7)

How can I check the compatibility?

I have 2 interface XSFP 10000 base SR so I guess the SPF in Nexus must be SR and 10G, too?

My cliente want to monitor the WAN, I'm not sure yet but the nexus receives a MPLS link in one port. So I just need to create the session and configure source & destination Port?

Finally, how I start to capture traffic? I need to configure anything in the NAM?

I know is a lot of question but any help will be a lot for me.

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**
1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

check the below link for compatibility matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-network-analysis-module-software/products-device-support-tables-list.html

I have 2 interface XSFP 10000 base SR so I guess the SPF in Nexus must be SR and 10G, too? yes

You need to creat the SPAN \ ERSPAN session  as per the need.

Once NAM is configured , you can capture the traffic from web GUI.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card