cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hard to access Linksys e900

MarcoArias31313
Level 1
Level 1

I have to configure a linksys e900 router but I don't know how to access it. It is high in a hard to access point. it is on and it has a ethernet cable connected to its internet port. I can't actually connect any other cable to it, it's supposed to provide wifi outside a building but it has dd-wrt installed on it so i can't start configuring it via wifi. My question is: is any way i can control and configure it using its internet port maybe rollover-ing the ethernet cable it has connected on it or something like that? or maybe there is other way to configure it that i don't know and i would really appreciate some tips or help.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this directly connected to Internet router ? or cable modem, so you can be in the same LAN and configure this device :

here is the configuration guide :

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article/?articleNum=142912

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this directly connected to Internet router ? or cable modem, so you can be in the same LAN and configure this device :

here is the configuration guide :

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article/?articleNum=142912

BB

You mean scanning my lan for its ip address? and connecting it via wi-fi? Due to dd-wrt i think it's not possible as initial configuration can't be done through wi-fi... as long as I know

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how these device conneted ? and where ? it got ethernet port where this is connected ?

if this was modded then may be no one can help, until you take to local shop to look or do it your self.

lets see how best we can help here.

BB

It is only connected to electricity and has 1 ethernet cable connected to it on its internet port on one end and to my main modem on the other end. I can access to this main modem ant the end of the cable I have connected to this modem and i can connect it to my laptop to configure it but it doesn't appear to recognize it. I don't know if I have to change my adapter configuration to be able to access and control it throgh internet port (the yellow one)

E900-EU-3_850x425_1024x1024.jpg

. So basically, I cannot move this cable to other port on my linksys router. Wi-fi configuration is not possible (i'm still researching about it) only though this port.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can connect to PC to blue ports set DHCP you should get DHCP IP and able to administrate the device. based on the DHCP Gateway IP

BB

Technically yes, but i have to make a hole in a wall between the router and my main modem, so i'd like to avoid it as long as i can.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: