cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware Maintenenace Purchase from Cisco Partners

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would like to know the responsibility of Cisco Partners where I brought Hardware Maintenance.

1. Regarding IOS upgrade, specially if the IOS I'm using has been Deferred. Shouldn't the vendor will inform me and suggest an upgrade version?

2. Regarding some of Cisco Hardwares with factory problem. Shouldn't the vendor will inform me and suggest a replacement?

Well, I have 3 vendors where I purchase Hardware Maintenance and none of them inform me of 1 and 2. For 1, I'm always the one who found out that the IOS has been deferred because I have Cisco TAC Account with privilege to check for IOS version (no download). What if I don't have this privilege like what most customers, it will be God send then?

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

You must have the Cisco access level agrement and the login username and password to download or to view the software. The login wil also help you to see the deferred images and the bugs that have been filed on that releases.

Wrong answer, and I know that.

What I'm asking is what is the responsibility of the Vendor whom I purchase maintenance for my Cisco Devices in terms of informing me of Deferred IOS, upgrading IOS, Hardware Factory Problem. If the customer doesn't have a Technical Engineer that support Cisco Devices, how is he going to tell that the network problem is cause by Deferred IOS or Factory Problem

Every support contract is different. The only way you are going to find your answer is read your contract !

If you have any other queries about it, then you really need to be directing your questions towards your Cisco Partner, because members of this forum are not going to know anything about the particular terms and conditions of your support contract

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: