cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hello Team, we observe huge number of authentication attempts from Cisco Prime Infrastructure (~28k per day). So anyone please confirm why is it so?

Hello Team, we observe huge number of authentication attempts from Cisco Prime Infrastructure (~28k per day). So anyone please confirm why is it so?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Were and how are you observing this ? (Provide a screenshot (e.g.))

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello Marce,

Our customer is observing this on TACAS server, as per my understanding prime login in devices for restoring the backup & we have  approx. 14000 inventory. We had enabled backup of devices  background task & schedule it for every day. But still login attempts are 28000 on each day is a concern. Kindly help 7 revert on earliest.

- Examine, the tacas alert-entry in detail; if it comes from a switch then it could be that the switch or even a number of switches were entered with wrong access-credentials in Prime; if so they should be removed from prime and re-entered again with the correct credentials. If the tacas alert-entries come from the Prime server itself; then it's less clear for me.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello Marce, 

Yes, we have switches with Wrong CLI credentials but very few, can you please confirm how this few switches will may lead to this many login attempts. Or is this any more possibilities for the same.

Hmm, that's very difficult to asses , there it might be due to  background actions of Prime, which are not always visible to the end user. I would strongly suggest to enter all switches with correct credentials in Prime. If that is not possible ;  remove the 'bad' switches. Check if the errors on the tacas server persist,

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco