Helpful
Replies

Help on one strange configuration on my FTD firewall

riderfaiz
Level 1
Level 1

HI everyone,

Hope you are doing all well. and hope you can help

I have one task need to get done on a new FTD I got for a staff here in my company. What he wants is to setup the FTP so that it will replace the firewall function on the windows server that he currently setup. Btw, the server is dual nic. One is connected to our staff private with internet while another is only private network with no internet (the reason is that that server need to access two networks for data access). The current firewall is to filter and allow only a few ports (eg 1453, 51..etc) to pass the traffic between the network. I know that the ftp will be setup differently from the tranditional ways (eg: inside and outside and plug the server on one of the inside port...etc).

I tried to convince to him to do the normal way as the firewall will become routing function to pass and filter the traffic. But he does not want that way. He just wants the new FTP to become the firewall function to replace that in the Windows .Some people i talked to they said it was possible... I really do not know how. May you tell how I could configure the FTD that way?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Takami Chiro

0 Replies 0