cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Prime Infrastructure Client Tracking

CARL VON HASSEL
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running PI 1.2.1.012 and I'm having issues populating client information. Most of my switches are 2960 series. Specifically I get a lot of MAC Address "Unknown" and nothing in the IP address field. I probably get about 25% of the correct MAC address and 10% of the IP addresses. I also run CiscoWorks Prime LMS 4.3.2. and the user tracking information is about 98% correct pertaining to MAC address and IP address. My other network management tools also are very accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Sullivand08
Level 1
Level 1

Same Problem here. I've discovered all the access switches in the environment and they are "Managed" in Device Work Center. Previously we used CiscoWorks and that populated the Mac address, IP address, along with what switch the end host was connected to. That was very helpful for our Helpdesk in troubleshooting. Im now trying to setup the same thing in Prime. Looking at a individual switch the MAC would populate but nothing on IP Address.

Im at a loss. I've newly taken over the position of Network Analyst so maybe there is a licensing issue that we didnt get that im not aware of thats not bringing the ISE or LMS portion of Prime into play?