cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I change polling interval in Cisco PI 3.1? I can not detect when a switch is down

David Serarols
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am sure this is a very simple question but I have been unable to achieve it :-(

My customer have several Catalysts and we realised that when one of these devices is powered down or its uplink is unplugged, alert does not appear in "Alarms and events", and obviously the email notification is never sent.

I think the reason is the polling interval is too high to detect this event. If I reduce the polling interval I will have this alarm/email notification? Is there other way?

Regards,

David

4 Replies 4

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

By default the Switch Operational Status job runs every 5 minutes.

To change it, go to the Job Dashboard and select the job then click on Edit Schedule.

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much.

Anyway we noticed that the problem is not the polling interval. We powered down the switch, the event appeared in the consol but the email was not received. How can I know if it was sent?

Regards,

David

Have you configured mail servers (Administration -> System Settings -> Mail Server Configuration)?

You could check the logs on these (assuming you have access to them).

I'm not aware of a way to check if an email was sent on PI itself as the emails are sent by the application rather than the linux running underneath.

Solved! It was my miskate. I did not enable the checkbox on Monitor/Monitoring Tools/Alarms and Evenrts/Email Notificacion.

Thank you very much!