cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.1 count faults to display at the top of the portal?

Aaron.Koves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

just a little niggle I'm hoping someone might have the answer for. In my shiny new LMS 4.0.1 portal I'm looking at the fault count at the top of the screen. This doesn't match what DFM shows me as the number of active faults. I attach screenshots to show - I've got no active warnings on the system but the portal view shows 46. Can anyone tell me what it is counting?

regards,

Aaron

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3297668#3297668 .  I have linked to this thread as well https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2067445 .  You may need to reinitialize your dfmEpm database.

Hi Joe,

thanks for the reply - helpful as ever. After reading the document on reinitialising the DfmEpm database I have two further questions:

1) Should I reintialise all three Dfm databases as the document suggests?

2) Am I going to lose all the modifications I have made to monitoring of individual devices? I've spent days disabling GLBP interface monitoring since LMS can't support that and I'd much rather the count be wrong than do that again.

regards,

Aaron

You can try reinitializing EPM alone.  Yes, you will lose all monitoring modifications you've done.  As I stated in the other threads, you could open a TAC service request to dig into why the database has these errant events.

Aaron,

I too have this problem. I posted in the Ask the Experts thread and got a similar response to what Joe suggested. I, too, am loathe to blow away the customization I put into unmanaging unreachable interfaces etc. in order to make the Fault View reasonably accurate. The banner is nice to have but not critical.

I'll probably end up opening a TAC case once I get some free cycles to troubleshoot it with them - unless someone gets a BugID or definitive work around first.

Someone seeing this problem will need to work with TAC to see what's in the database.  I have been unable to reproduce.  All the events are accotuned for in all my various alerts.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll log a call with our support vendor today and see if I can get it escalated up to TAC. I'll post back the results and let you know if we find a solution.

regards,

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: