cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to compile and load CISCO-CDP-MIB onto SG300 52p?

Hello, 

I'm new to the community! 

I need help trying to figure out how to compile and load .MIB or .MY files onto network devices such as the SG300 52p? Any pointers how to get started? I've used Loriot Pro but to no avail. Does CISCO provide official documentation on how to do that? 
My situation is, I'm trying to get some metrics using SNMP, I have 20 to 50 switches all of which are the same model. The data that I need is in the cdpCacheAddress table and there is no other way of getting that data unless I'm able to load CISCO-CDP-MIB onto the switch.

Any ideas? Any help would be appeciated. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You don't load MIBS onto a switch; the particular MIB is supported or not by the particular switch type and IOS version it is running. That can be verified by snmp-walking to the switch (e.g.) and check the value of variables from that particular MIB.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Alright, then it is possible to have the OID in a newer version of IOS that's running on the device currently?
One more question, how come in a software like Observium the data is there? Does it have to do with something like the NMS?

- CISCO-CDP-MIB is fairly standard and and will be supported in your IOS. OID variables and values  can be looked up into the MIB itself. It can be loaded in various NMS systems by querying on how to do that with google (e.g.) ; here is an example :

https://www.webnms.com/cagent/help/mibbrowser/mib_operations/loading_mibs.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: