cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to migrate standard OVA to professional deployment ? (to enable complience management)

Hello everybody,

we currently have a standard Prime Infrastructure installation which fits best for our environment size. 

But now we want to enforce "Complience" Management feature which is only available within "Professional" deployment template. 

I already set up a "professional" deployed server and tried to backup / restore from the "standard"  template as either :

- appliance backup

- and application "NCS" backup

After the restore I can not enable "Complience" management.

It seems with the restore the "standard" deployment was restored as well. 

My question is: How can I migrate my data from a "standard" deployment to a "professional" deployment ? 

Best regards,

Steffen 

9 Replies 9

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

The cisco docs definetly say you will have to setup a new "Pro" VM and restore your backed up data from your standard appliance. If this doesn't work for you, you should open a TAC case.

I just got off the phone with TAC.

I had originally installed the Pro version of PI 3.0.  I did see the new EOX and assurance features in the menus.  Once I restored back my PI 2.2.2 app data, those features disappeared.

TAC said I need to have my licenses converted over to the new format which allows assurance and lifecycle together:

PI 3.0 Lifecycle and Assurance Licenses are now combined into a single Management License. These licenses are offered on a per device basis (as in PI 1.x, 2.x) and are NOT node locked. They are available in single device increments (no more PAKs of 25, 50, etc.,). PI 3.x Licenses are now linked to category/sub-category of network devices (as in Cisco ONE) e.g., L-MGMT3x-LFAS-AP, L-MGMT3x-LFAS-3K , etc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/presentation-c97-733532.pdf

I am currently waiting to hear back from our SE on how to get this done.

Any word from your Cisco SE on the conversion process?

I'm still waiting for my SE to sort this out.  He's contacted Cisco licensing, but I think they were confused about what I need.

I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Hello guys,

there was a new bug announced two days ago: CSCuw56546

I think this explains most of the problems discussed here.

Restoring a backup onto PI 3.0 removes EOX and PSIRT reporting functions

Symptom:
When a backup from a "non-professional" or pre-3.0 version of PI is restored onto a PI 3.0 server, the EOL/EOX and PSIRT reporting functionality is no longer available.

Conditions:
- Clean PI 3.0 (Professional)
- Backup from either a non-professional installation or an earlier version

Workaround:
none that allow a restoration of a backup

Further Problem Description:

Brian Saunders
Level 1
Level 1

Any success with the restore on a Pro spec'ed virtual appliance?  I'll be doing the exact same thing when we upgrade.

Currently I opened a TAC case and still wait for feedback. As this is a severity three case it may take some time to get an answer.

Best regards,

Steffen

sandreas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steffen, can you send me the TAC SR# number, then I will see if I can get some attention on this (and get an reply)

sandreas(at)cisco.com

sandreas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Btw, a likely simple workaround would be to install an PI pro 2.2, apply the backup, do a new backup and restore that backup on PI 3.0.

Best regards

Soren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: