cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reinit ISC Repository but keep the license information?

gaborjuhasz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to delete everything from the ISC Repository except the license information?

The ISC version is 5.0.1.

Thanks in advance for your help and have a nice day!

Regards,

Gabor

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Most of the ISC-related data items are stored in a repository held on a relational database and the rest are stored in an operating system level file system. For ISC to function flawlessly on restart, following a crash, it is necessary that the proposed backup and recovery feature include various ISC-related data items as a whole.

Refer the following url for more information on Backup and Restore of ISC Repository :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ip_solution_center/5.0/installation/guide/apbkup.h

Thank you very much to get back to me!

In the meantime, I've opened a TAC case and I got the following answer:

Q: Is there a way to reinitialize the Repository easily, so delete everything except the licenses information?

A: Unfortunately, we don't have a way to clean up Repository data and leaving license info only. In fact, there are simply too many different objects populated in the ISC repository that it's not practical to delete them all. From the Devices themselves, to the VPN's or the indexes of the pools ISC manages.

Perhaps the best approach to have this issue resolved would be to take clean repository right after installation, install licenses on it and make a backup. So next time we need to experiment with the Repository we can simply restore from the backup and have completely clean system.

Thank you once more!