cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove outdated discrepancy from Campus Manager ?

gbalawajder
Level 1
Level 1

In campus database are discrepancy that have more than one year and which are already outdated. Configuration on Cisco devices has been corrected, but discrepancy are shown in "Campus Manager Discrepancy  Report".

How to remove outdated discrepancy? (manually checking 500 discrepancy with logging on to the device and analyzing the configuration is not good solution)

The only solution to remove outdated discrepances what comes to my head is Campus database re-initialization.
But this is not an optimal solution because campus database re-initialization will clear Toplogy Services network map. Is it to possible to remove only discrepances from database ?

6 Replies 6

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

How often are you running data collection? The discrepancy gets updated after each data collection and UT acquisition cycle and should either increase or decrease.  These are just recommendations of best practice and don't impact the functionality of your network.

To acknowledge the discrepancy, you will need to check the box at the top next to "Type" that selects all the "Unacknowledged" deviations and then click "Acknowledge".

Hello Mohammad,

Campus Data Collection is running every 4 hours and it works correct.

Campus Manager finds new discrepances at the end of each data

collection schedule, but not delete outdated discrepancy.

When the configuration on Cisco devices has been corrected,

Campus Manger do not remove outdated discrepancy from database.

I know that I can manually acknowledge the discrepancy, but manually

checking 500 discrepancy with logging on to the device and analyzing the configuration is not good

solution.

Thanks and best regards

Grzegorz

To acknowledge a Best Practice Deviation:

•     Check the checkbox in the Acknowledge column corresponding to the Best Practice Deviation.
  •     Click Acknowledge.

The Best Practice Deviation is not shown in the report, the next time you generate it.

See the screenshot as an example:

Hello Mohammad

I know that I can manually acknowledge Best Practice Deviation,

but this is not the answer to my question.

I would like to lms automatically update information about discrepances and netowrk deviation.

Manual removal outdated information in big network is not a good solution.

Regards

Hello

Mayby I formulate question a little differently:

How to delete all discrepances from database, without reinitializing the database ?

Next I will run campus data collection and discrepancy will be updated.

Regads

There is not an automatic acknowledgement method, only manual for now. And as you stated, running data collection will update the best practice deviation.