cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to repair Corrupted IOS image in Rommon mode without remove all files in flash

hansfry.ko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Every time I do tftpdnld on ROMMON mode. why it always delete all my flash files? is there anyway for me to just copy bin file to the flash without having flash directory deleted, as there is some files that I want to keep there.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What platform/appliance is this?

Cisco Router C881-K9

we need more information, what configuration you deleted.

can you post

#dir

# show run

what are you trying to achive, reset the device to factory default ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

If the router is in ROMMON, post the complete output to the following command: 

dir flash:

hansfry.ko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

So actually there were two discussions that I post. it was merged to this one post.

Ok the first problem. was solved 

I have Cisco that goes to the Rommon because of Image bin file issue, whenever I do tftpdnld (copying bin files from my computer to flash: ),the  flash directory was cleaned up first. I don't want  that happens. so After searching again from internet. I found that I can boot from usb, with command:   boot  usbflash0:c881imagefilename.bin

after I can boot normally, then I could just copy bin file from Usb to flash as usual.

so my first discussion was cleared.

maxnoner
Level 1
Level 1

The switch could wind up in ROMmon mode due to these reasons:

1. A switch reload or crash after the image was corrupted or deleted. See the Recover from a Corrupt or Missing Image section of this document for more information.
  2. See the Recover from a Continuous Reboot section of this document to determine if a valid system image is present in the bootflash:. If there is no file present, see the Recover from a Corrupt or Missing Image section of this document.
  3. The boot variable is incorrect, but a valid image is still present. See the Recover from a Continuous Reboot section of this document for more information.
    Read More - Click Here
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: