cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset the password on a Windows-based CiscoWorks LMS 3.2?

D-N
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with the password recovery procedure on a CiscoWorks 3.2 installation. The problem is that I've no idea what software versions are running (never kept track).

I tried following the steps here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_password_recovery09186a0080107dee.shtml (twice) and I've been unable to reset the password.

Is there something I am missing? Something extremely obvious that I've overlooked?

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the resetpasswd utility:

NMSROOT/bin/resetpasswd admin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the resetpasswd utility:

NMSROOT/bin/resetpasswd admin

sir, im having toruble also on our cisco works and i dont have the password for this due to the network administrator left without giving it. my i now the detailed procedure or where can i get this tool?

"NMSROOT/bin/resetpasswd admin" that you used?

Thanks

You are relplying to a 3 year old post. We encourage to start new threads, though you can refer old posts via link.

resetpasswd is a utility available inside LMS NMSROOT/bin/ directory. NMSROOT is the directory you install LMS, example c:/progra~1/CSCOpx etc.

Run it according to the above syntax.

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: