cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use SCP with cisco devnet IR1101/IR1835

oyuto1012
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about using scp with cisco devnet.

Is it possible to use SCP on cisco devnet to transfer files from PC or server to IR1101 or IR1835?

I can use webui to transfer files to bootflash:, but I cannot use CLI to transfer files on my PC or server to bootflash:.

What commands do I need to set on my device to use SCP in the CLI?

7 Replies 7

Hi

You dont need to do anything. If the device doesn´t support, theis nothing you can do. If tou perform "copy scp: " what do you receive um return?

"Command authorization failed."
This will return

ir1101#sh run | i scp
ip scp server enable

scp is enabled.

This means that your device does support SCP but unfortunately you may have no privilege to run this. Are you using tacacs?

tacacsは使用しています。

ir1101#sh run | i tacacs
aaa group server tacacs+ labtac
ip tacacs source-interface Vlan10
tacacs server sb.tac

Right!

Then, you need to get a higher  privilege user in order to execute this.  In my company we have normal user and special user which can do anything but you need to ask permission to get those.  It may vary on your company.

ir1101#sh run | i username
username developer privilege 15 secret 8 $8$anUcn4YMstus5.$LvwZ2VQm9sYG4kpIkDa/rMzK.50/SZab7IF3fAxJKQ2
username admin privilege 15 secret 9 $9$pu2PeV/83vtSZU$lrK1YbwqUpA33KP13hYrsmQyQBc9CxULk5/mjqj5Vms

I am using a user with privilege 15.
Is there something I'm missing?

Hello,

do you have SSH enabled ? I somewhere recall that SSH is required...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: