cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Howto debug Prime Infrastructure performance issues?

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

since the installation of the last patch (3.1.5 Update 2) the Prime is "slow" - at least the Gui is not really responsive. Sometime it is better, sometime it seems to be frozen. I tested different client, different browsers, disabled the proxy.

Does anyone know, how to debug such a behaviour? Which log file is to check? All vital parameters (CPU, MEM, Disk, IO & NIC) are ok, besides management of the devices is working fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Has been an issue with the alarm indexes within the oracle database - fixed by TAC

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Depends . what platform are you using ; if VM; check your 'vmware tool statistics' to check mem/cpu/diskio (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for your post, but in my case the vital parameter from the vm itself are all fine. That's why I'm looking for a possibility to debug inside the application. I'm missing the good old "pdshow" :-(

- Did you size the prime-vm according to your network-size; as you might know during the installation you can choose  between a number of 'modes' of the VM  depending on how big the network is; did you do this correctly  ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

it is a "Professional" installation (to enable the compliance engine) and in the System Management Dashboard all resources look fine, too.

Has been an issue with the alarm indexes within the oracle database - fixed by TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: