Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM mass import/mass deployment?

tomeq82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to import/create from CLI a poller with hundreds of interfaces attached for tenths of devices?

Creating a poller with more and more interface monitoring instances is a real pain and it is fairly easy to destroy such poller by careless clicking...

Any XML or CSV import? Or any other way to do it for more than a few devices?

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no CLI interface for HUM.  Pollers can only be created through the GUI.

Ok.. or maybe is there any way to do multiple search throug instances? Any wildcard, regex? I would like to select for example Gi0/2,Gi0/5,Gi0/11 at once and not doing 3 searches to select proper instances...

I tried few syntaxes but none of them worked for "search"

You can do some advanced searches by clicking on the magnifying glass icon next to the search text field.  This will let you do begins w

ith, ends with, and contains searches.  Regular expressions are not supported.  Your desired match would not be possible with one search (you could search for "gi0/*" but that would find more than you wanted).

But anyway, why there is poller export option if there is no import option? How should I import previously exported pollers?

perhaps the following could be a solution for you:
- define a Port Group that contains the ports you want to monitor
- define a poller template with the MIB variables you want to monitor
- create a new poller, select your Port Group and assign your template to that group

I didn't try it - it is just an idea ...based on the menu points in LMS 4.0

Yes, this would work in LMS 4.0.  LMS 3.x does not have the ability to use port-based groups in HUM.

Templates can be imported and exported, but I don't know where you see the ability to export a poller.

Hi,

When you click a poller, you've got an option to "export" and this could be CSV or XML. It's sad that there is no option to reimport that data otherwise than manually.

Ah, I understand now.  The export here is to export the current details of the poller (i.e. list of instances).  This is not the poller configuration.  This export is designed to be used in applications like Excel (i.e. consumed by humans).

You're right, but this would be sufficient to reimport pollers from zero state (like importing devices into DCR). My problem is that I have lots of interface instances. In case of some fault (like DCR master-slave desynchronization) clicking it over again is painful. To get things worse I have lot of duplicate instances queried (some of my Gig interfaces on 7609-S are shown two or more times, and some of that instance causes an error in HUM when polled, so I have to guess which is correct)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: