cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can not remove a username using CW LMS v3.2 RME v4.3.1

THOMAS CARROLL
Level 1
Level 1

I need to use, or want to use CiscoWorks ver 3.2 RME ver 4.3.1 to update many devices where there are local usernames configured. I can not seem to update a configuration by removing a username. I can however add usernames? Whenever I modify a configuration file, then try to deploy, a error pop up message shows.CEDT0031: No command is available to download for the device 110-3560-StockRoom-1. Remove the device from job and try again. I guess my question is....CAN I USE RME to modify configurations files by deleting a username?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  Create a new Netconfig job (under RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs) using the Credential > Local Username template.  Select to remove the username, then enter the username you want to remove.

As an alternative, you can create an Adhoc Netconfig job with the command:

no username USER

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  Create a new Netconfig job (under RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs) using the Credential > Local Username template.  Select to remove the username, then enter the username you want to remove.

As an alternative, you can create an Adhoc Netconfig job with the command:

no username USER

Thanks...I was able to create a netconfig job and puch out my changes. The "test" device I was using must have gotten hung up or something...What I did was update the device inventory, ran a quick ad-hoc and then I was good to go. Thanks for responding.