Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cannot get eigrp to find neighbors and i am not able to ping between sites

Hello,

Attached is my PT file. I have tried and tried but I cannot get my routers to find each other using eigrp and this, I believe, is causing me to not be able to ping across sites. All of my subnets are the same, /24, I have loopbacks established, and I have all of the autonomous eigrp numbers the same. I have put all of my subnets into eigrp like the following, 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.255 and the loopback at 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 but I still don't have any neighbors. If someone could look at my PT and inform me what I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanking you in advance.

8 Replies 8

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
I dont have PT setup but if you post the config files in txt format can take a look and see whats wrong

Thank you! Here are my txt files. I have three sites so I will post them individually. This is the first site.

Second site.

Third site.

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ChristopherGleason4367 ,

I have reviewed your exercise and there are things you should understand better:
-When you configure subinterfaces, the main interface must not have IP but only be UP
-The networks that connect the routers must be unique in your entire topology.
-In routing protocols only connected networks should be included

In order to order these topics a bit I have done the following:

-Eliminate all subinterfaces of the router
-Change some networks so that they do not repeat themselves in your topology
-Eliminate some networks in some EIGRP

I enclose the exercise working, but, you should check that the internal networks (192.168X.X) are correct and unique in your entire topology.

Regards

Thanks for the response @luis_cordova . I cannot open this pkt because of PT version mismatch. Can you post the version that you are using. thanks

Hi @ChristopherGleason4367 ,

Of course, is the last version 7.2.1

You can download this version from netacad.

Regards

@luis_cordova

thanks for your help. I now have my isp routers finding neighbors but still having trouble getting my site routers to find neighbors of the switches. I have tried to place different ip addresses for each floor, within the same network but still I am getting:

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet5/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet6/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet4/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet1/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet3/0, changed state to up

%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 1: Neighbor 72.191.163.70 (FastEthernet0/0) is up: new adjacency

How do I fix this problem. I am going crazy trying to figure this out. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: