Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import in RME 4.2 device information from CSM 3.3.1

Hello,

In a previous installation of CSM, RME was able to directly manage devices created in CSM. Now with CSM3.X I've lost this feature.

Any idea of how to solve this, or at least identify what is wrong ?

Thanks,

NH                 

6 Replies 6

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME 4.2 should still take your devices automatically from DCR of CSM. You may want to check if the RME is not configured by mistake for manual sync with DCR.

Usually RME should be in auto-sync with DCR so any device added/removed should automatically be managed/sync'd by RME as well.

This feature should be in :

Resource Manager Essentials > Admin > Device Mgmt > Device Management Settings > Enable Auto Mode (option) > Manage All Devices (option)

For mroe details, please check the guide :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_resource_manager_essentials/4.2/user/guide/device.html#wp1056105

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello Vinod,

This setting was already set to auto mode. So it looks like the issue is more between common services and CSM.

I'm able to see the two router manually created in Common Services, and they appear in RME. So maybe my issue is between CS and CSM

Any idea ?

Many thanks for your help,

NH

That should be very less as a possibility as CS would send device information to all the modules, unless any OGSServer process is down. Please share the screenshot for CS> DCR on how many devices are there and similarly for RME > device management.

If two devices show in RME, please make sure the other devices are not in other state like pending etc. If possible remove the auto sync and try to add the devices manually once and see if that works.

-Thanks

Vinod

I've manually added in CS a router, it correctly appears in RME (there's only an OID mismatch).

As I've create my router from CSM, is there something to do to sync CS with CSM ?

Or do I need to export my routers from CSM and import CSV file in CS ?

(I don't remember doing this with my old CSM installation)

Thanks,

NH

Ideally CSM should also get the device information automatically as CS is the main entity to deal with devices addition or removal. But NMS side includes CS and RME modules, whereas CSM is covered by security group.

I dont know if any security folks would have look into this, else you may try post the issue with CSM on CSC's Security forum as well.

-Thanks

ok,

done,

Thanks for your help,

NH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: