Views
Helpful
Replies

Install and Backup Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 in a VM

LorenaGarcia_2
Level 1
Level 1

HelIo

I want to install Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2  in a Virtual machine.

I have download the OVA image of Cisco web page: Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Plug and Play for Virtual Appliance "PNP-KICKSTART-VM-1.2.11-medium.ova".

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284396249&flowid=39422&softwareid=284272932&release=1.2.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

I have seen that there are a lot of patch files.

Do I need install any patch? Which patch should I install?

The client has buy this licenses:

Ordered Part Number      License Type        Included Part Numbers     Used with Product           

R-PI12-BASE-K9   Base License -Prime Intrasfructure 1.2

L-PI12-LF-100      Lifecycle              

L-PI12-LF-100-LIC              

L-PILMS42-100    LMS 4.2

I want to make a backup of the system (virtual machine VM with Cisco Prime 1.2 installed)  and in case that the physical machine goes down I can run Cisco Prime 1.2 in a  new server without to re-install the machine.

Which is the best way to make a backup of the system?

I can see that  in the Quick start guide explain how Migrating to a New Cisco Prime Infraestructure 1.2.1.12 System:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1.2/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#wp73152

1.- back up the Data from Existing System

Ensure that you have installed the appropriate point patch for your existing system.

In my case which is the patch that I need to install?

2.- Install a New Prime Infrastructure System and Migrating the Data from the Backup.

Should I follow this steps to make a backup of the system (Virtual Machine with Cisco Prime 1.2 installed) or I should to follow other steps?

Can I install NetBackup to make a backup of the Virtual Machine? Should I make a snapshot?

Could you help me?

0 Replies 0