Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing LMS4.1 10K License

aringanisation
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

on documents it is said that we could not install LMS4.1 10K on a VM ware ,does it mean it even I install windows server on a ESX 4.0 I could not

install LMS on that windows ?

and please tell me where I can get the prices !!

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both Windows and Virtual appliance versions of LMS 4.1 require more than one server for a 10,000 device installation. Reference here.

Part numbers depend on what you have currently licensed and are in the product bulletin here.

Pricing, especially for such a high end requirement,  is not generally listed publicly. You should contact your reseller or Cisco account manager to determine the price given your organization's discount levels. A 10,000 device license - either upgrade or new - will be very costly but your account manager can best provide details and work with you in that regard.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both Windows and Virtual appliance versions of LMS 4.1 require more than one server for a 10,000 device installation. Reference here.

Part numbers depend on what you have currently licensed and are in the product bulletin here.

Pricing, especially for such a high end requirement,  is not generally listed publicly. You should contact your reseller or Cisco account manager to determine the price given your organization's discount levels. A 10,000 device license - either upgrade or new - will be very costly but your account manager can best provide details and work with you in that regard.

thank you very much Marvin,

could install it on more than one virtual server ?

You're welcome, Ali.

Yes, as described in the link I posted above, for a 10,000 device installation you HAVE to install the product on more than one server and break the functions apart so that each server handles a subset of the functions.

This is true for Solaris or Windows or Linux, physical or virtual server type installations. That is how the product is able to scale to support 10,000 devices.