Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Access issue

Hello Guys, good day.

i am going to configure a network with multiple vlans. a couple of them  need to access the  internet, i have one core 3850 switch which is layer three. my internet service provider have installed one of their switch which is Huwei switch in our office premises, they have configured one of the port for the internet access,

i pulled one cable from  huwei to my core switch and i configured the  port on my switch to as no-switch port with ip address 51.111.11.23 , i also enabled routing and and statically configured the route , huwei switch port's ip add 51.111.11.22 and my core switch's ip address 51.111.11.22 

after that i created a vlan 10 and interface vlan 10 in which i assigned ip add 192.168.1.1 , then i created a dhcp pool for the client with the configs.

(ip dhc pool Data

network 192.168.1.0 

default router 192.168.1.1

dns server 84.x.x.x 84.x.x.x  ) clients are getting the dns address and ip address from the pool but they cant communicate outside the network. even i configured dynamic routing, also tried static routing. what am i missing here. a correct confguration for this scenario would be a big help . Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos Megis
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,
IP address range 192.168.1.0/24 is range of private addresses.

You will need to NAT them for access to the internet.
This switch doesn´t support NAT feature and you will need router for this purpose.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Milos Megis
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,
IP address range 192.168.1.0/24 is range of private addresses.

You will need to NAT them for access to the internet.
This switch doesn´t support NAT feature and you will need router for this purpose.

okay Need to configure the NAT, Service provider hve installed one of their routers in our premises. i would configure the NAT if i had the access i think they (ISP) have configured the NAT already with 0.0.0.0 range .  Do i need to use Default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ?

Configuration of NAT require specify which network subnets should be NATed.
Just ask ISP if your subnet is allowed in NAT rules.

Also if you perform routing (according your first message yes), you need to specify on your switch default route, or learn routes from ISP with dynamic protocol.
And your ISP must add to his routing table your networks (or learn them from dynamic protocol)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: