cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM Statistics

santipongv
Level 1
Level 1

I created IPM collectors on a hub devices for various remote locations. Upon reviewing IPM collector statistics, I have noticed that the completion summary of each collector has similar graph patterns, which seem kind of odd to me. How can I explain this behavior? Is this possible? Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without any details, I can only guess that the latency between the hub and spokes is about the same. What evidence do you have to contradict what IPM is reporting? What type of collectors are you using? What version of IOS is the source router running? What exactly are the values you are comparing?

The latency between hub and spokes are not the same. I am using defaultIPecho collector. Source router is running 12.4(18c). I am comparing Completion Summary.

How have you verified the latency is different than what IPM is reporting? What are the values that IPM is reporting? What are your actual latency values?

The actual latency value and the one reported by IPM are very close. What I learned was these collectors share similar number of tries (attempts) and number of completions, which make me think that could this be IPM processor problem?

So you're comparing the actual completion counts? Why would you think they would be different? By default the IP SLA collections will perform an operation every 60 seconds. Assuming there wasn't some kind of error, the operations should all complete.

IPM is simply reporting the data from the device. If you suspect a problem with what the device is reporting, then check the output of "show ip sla monitor collection". The numbers there should agree with what IPM is reporting.